When you visit our website, information is not collected that could identify you personally unless you choose to provide it voluntarily. You are welcome to browse our website at any time anonymously and privately without revealing any personal information about yourself.
At Broken Coast Cannabis, safeguarding your confidentiality and protecting your personal information is a primary concern. We are committed to following the standards established by Canada's Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (the "Act"). As part of this commitment, Broken Coast Cannabis has followed the Ten Privacy Principles described in the Act to govern our actions as they relate to the use of personal information. The Ten Privacy Principles are as follows:
1. Accountability: Broken Coast Cannabis is responsible for maintaining and protecting any personal information under our control. In fulfilling this mandate, Broken Coast Cannabis only stores your private information on our own secure server and does not use cloud storage.
2. Identifying Purposes: The purposes for which personal information is collected shall be identified before or at the time the information is collected.
3. Consent: The knowledge and consent of the Customer are required for the collection, use or disclosure of personal information except where required or permitted by law.
4. Limiting Collection: The personal information collected must be limited to those details necessary for the purposes identified by Broken Coast Cannabis. Information must be collected by fair and lawful means.
5. Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention: Personal information may only be used or disclosed for the purpose for which it was collected unless the Customer has otherwise consented, or when it is required or permitted by law. Personal information may only be retained for the period of time required to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected.
6. Accuracy: Personal information must be maintained in as accurate, complete and up-to-date form as is necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it is to be used.
7. Safeguarding Personal information: Personal information must be protected by security safeguards that are appropriate to the sensitivity level of the information. Your personal info and credit card or debit card information are encrypted using SSL technology before being sent over the Internet.
8. Openness: Broken Coast Cannabis is required to make information available to Customers concerning the policies and practices that apply to the management of their personal information.
9. Customer Access: Upon request, a Customer shall be informed of the existence, use and disclosure of their information, and shall be given access to it. Customers may verify the accuracy and completeness of their information, and may request that it be amended, if appropriate.
10. Handling Customer Complaints and Suggestions: Customers may direct any questions or enquires with respect to the privacy principles outlined above or about our practices by contacting Broken Coast Cannabis.
The Types of Personal Information We Collect
Broken Coast Cannabis gathers and uses only such information that is necessary for providing our services, fulfilling your orders, and to comply with the ACMPR regulations concerning Licensed Producers. It typically includes the following personal information:
name, address, mailing address, shipping address, e-mail address, telephone numbers, facsimile number, sex, date of birth, the name of your health care practitioner and his or her contact information, the name of the person responsible for you and his or her contact information, credit card information (including card type and number, expiry date and name of card holder); The choice to provide us with personal information is always yours. However, your decision to withhold particular details may limit the services we are able to provide. If we are unable to accommodate your request based on the information that has been provided, we may ask for additional details in order to identify other ways to be of assistance. We may also maintain a file containing contact history that is used for customer inquiry purposes.
The Purposes for which we use Personal Information
We use your personal information to communicate with you, enhance your visit to our website, allow processing of your prescription orders and effectively provide the products and services you have requested. We may provide your personal information to an affiliated company for the purposes of processing a transaction and shipping and order.
In some instances such as a legal proceeding or court order, we may also be required to disclose certain information to authorities. Only the information specifically requested is disclosed and we will take precautions to satisfy ourselves that the authorities who are making the request have legitimate grounds to do so.